Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WOYWW

So, I don't have a "work desk" per se. My apartment is small and I don't have a work desk, yet. Though hubby does have one planned to build me, so here's hoping.

To participate in WOYWW, I'll show you this. My workspace is not a desk. Confession time -- most of my creating is done in bed. That's right. I write my blog in bed, I paint and draw in bed, I sew in bed. Everything. Mostly, my creative time is late at night while my Precious Pookie and hubby are sleeping. Three cheers for long hours of uninterrupted time to focus!

An unconventional WOYWW, here you go!

First off, there is my bedside table.


Here you see my Bath and Body Works lavender vanilla pillow mist, lotions, my "geek stick" jump drive, colored pencils, a cowrie shell, my medications, fruit and grain bars, a pocket knife, a nail kit, my large cup of hot tea, my water bottle of iced tea, my Prismacolor pencils, a bag of sharpies and my box of creativity reference books.

Second, how I keep everything organized:


Here you see the shelves above the nightstand and my bulletin board. In the black binder are completed writing prjects. The green binder is projects for the baby next to my sketchbook. The brown container is full of jewelry I have made. Next to that on the shelf is tape, a mini muffin tin that I mix paints in, tape, headphones and thumb tacks. On the bulletin bard are blog post topics, daily to-do stuff and mail I need to address.

Finally, my awesome shelves that hubby made me this week:





On the top shelf is fabric and other "to mend" projects. The middle shelf is painting supplies and business cards. The bottom shelf, I have already described.

So, an unconventional WOYWW.

Disorganized space for the win!



What does your work space look like?



Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

12 comments:

  1. In bed ! Well I make so much mess I wouldn't dare craft in bed ! The sheets would be covered in ink ! I do like to read my craft magazines & books there though ! Your DH has done a great job on the shelves ! Ali #59

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's lovely to see your workspace..you aren't alone in being a bed crafter..although I think you probably are a one in working in bed while your other half sleeps! Those shelves have a lot more space on them than you think..I bet in six months they won't have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a rather unconventional workspace! But if it works for you.:)
    Silvia #77

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's different! Crafting in bed. Your husband has made some lovely shelves - looking forward to seeing the work desk. Happy Wednesday. :o)
    Sue x (MiniOwner@85)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun peaking in on your work space. I started out with a very small space too years ago but I am very fortunate to have built a new house 17 years ago with a real "Studio" just for me! I just love it but really, all you need is the studio in your imagination as you have proven! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Ali H, I'm a messy crafter, so I can't imagine what my bed would end up looking like... but I do love the idea of it!! Great shelves, with lots of storage - who needs a work desk anyway? Happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for sharing your work space with us. It is wonderful when we share our world with others and gives us an insight into who we are. Your shelves look beautiful and I hope you enjoy your space. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do my crafting - sometimes - in my bed room but wouldn't dare do craft in bed I get stuff every where. My son even asked me the other day how I managed to get glitter on the TV screen. Your space is small but organised and obviously works for you.
    Tricia #95

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband is such a light sleeper that I can't even read in bed with him there so I envy you being able to do that! I am a messy crafter though and do a lot of paint and glue so bed wouldn't work for me. I wish my DH was handy and couple build me some shelves...Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #62

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paint and glue in bed, too. For paints, I work in water colors and acrylics. I have a board that I put on my lap to work on. My water cups are beside me on the nightstand and I use a mini muffin tin as a palette. It doesn't seem to be stable, but it totally is. I also tend to work on projects that are 8 1/2 by 11 or smaller, so it works out for me. Maybe with my desk, when DH gets it built, I can work on larger projects. ;-)

      Delete
  10. Mm, Bri, certainly you have made us think outside the square but like others cannot imagine doing it myself (am toooo clumsy by half!) but thanks for sharing and happy WOYWW, Shaz in oz.x
    PS May I suggest getting rid of word verification it is very hard to read unless you have great eyesight..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaz, thanks!

      Also, word verification gotten rid of. ;-)

      Delete