Monday, September 17, 2012

Henry Rollins' Message to Us All

I found this video via UpWorthy. I love this site. I follow them on Facebook and it's always a joy to see them in my feed. With all the negative things that are being spewed on the news, it's nice to see things covered that are uplifting. It's awesome to see the good that people are doing in the world.

Mr. Rollins is someone whom I've watched and admired for quite a few years, now. Seeing him perform his spoken word pieces is amazing. In this video, he addresses "young Americans," but I think everyone can take something away from this video, to follow one's dreams single-mindedly.

Check this man out. My husband and I adore him. (I also have a signed poster from him that a friend in Colorado obtained for me. It's him congratulating me on my nuptials and it was a wedding gift. I consider it one of my coolest possessions.)

Without me gushing over this man further, I give you "Letter to a Young American: Part 1."


If you like interesting talks, also check out the site Ted. You won't be disappointed. In fact, I'll probably be linking some of my favorite videos from there to this blog, in the future.

Sometimes we all need a little encouragement or someone to hold the torch for us as we walk our path. Today, I send you illumination.

Be well, babies. And, remember that we're all visionaries. We just have to figure out where we excel.

No comments:

Post a Comment