Friday, January 4, 2013

Carry On

Oh, my lovelies. This life can be trying sometimes, can't it?

We are capable of wonderous things, but we slip along the way, don't we? We say the wrong thing. We step on toes. We get upset and say things we don't mean. Ah, the crazy ride it is that we call "life."

I know it's not always easy out there. I know that times can seem bleak and uncertain and downright, boots-knocking scary. It's okay, my lovelies. Breathe. Deep breaths. It will be okay.

In the middle of our darkest times, I know it can feel like the whole world is crashing down around you. I know it can feel like the stars have fallen out of alignment, the tides are all wonky and even the cement under your feet seems unstable. I have been there, dear ones.

I've been right where you're standing - in depression so bad that getting something to eat from the kitchen seems to take so much energy that you just don't have. I've been right there - not leaving the house for weeks. No matter how bad you feel, no matter how bleak it seems right now, I'm going to tell you something both amazing and true.

It gets better.

Listen. . . do you hear that? On the wind.

Do you hear that?

It's the universe and it's singing to you, singing through you, thumping in every beat of your perfect, gentle, tender heart. Do you know what it's saying? It's saying . . .



No matter how bleak or how sad things get, no matter how hard or trying or difficult the road, always remember that your story can continue past this ugly funk. Always remember that there can still, yet, be dreams and sunshine and laughter. It will come back around.

I promise.

And you can bank on that, babies!


And to close and send you to the weekend with joy, a song. "Carry On" by Fun.



Until next time, please remember that we are all visionaries. We just have to figure out where we excel.


Love to All,


-Bri


Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment