Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fun with Spam

No, no, my lovelies. Not the canned, meaty kind. I mean the strange comments I get from (I think) spam bots.

One of the most interesting things about having a blog is reviewing the "Anonymous" comments that come in. I try to figure out which ones are spam by looking up links that they've sent me.


 
I can tell some of them, that English is not their first language and I love the use of language. Truly inspired. They remind me of Henry Rollins' video about Boris from the Czech Republic. The use of language is so beautiful.

Before we get into my wonderful fan mail, let me give you Henry's take on it:



Now, on with the comments. And, any of my dear readers, if these are you - you know - real people? Please comment and I will not mark you as "Spam" and will publish your comment. The track back links just seemed a little iffy to me.

"Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck."

"I do not even know how I ended up here, but I assumed this submit was great. I do not recognize who you are but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren't already."

"It's remarkable for me to have a web page, which is beneficial in support of my knowledge. thanks admin"

"Someone necessarily help to make severely articles I'd state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular put up amazing. Fantastic activity!"

"I'm pretty pleased to find this great site. I want to to thank you for your time just for this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you book-marked to look at new things on your web site"


Aren't they lovely? If they are spam comments, I'm glad that all of the bots (at least) think I'm pretty darn neat!

It's all in perspectives, dearests. You can get grouchy over spam mail or, if you're having a rough day (like I did, today), then you can just say, "Well, at least the Spam Bots of the world think I'm pretty neat." Humor, lovelies. Always humor. #1 best tip for health, let me tell you.

Anyway, I hope this has brought a smile to your face and made you smile for the middle of the week.

As always, please remember that we are all visionaries. Sometimes even Spam Bots. We just have to figure out where we excel.


Love to All,

-Bri


Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading the spammy comments that get through some bloggers' posts! No too many any more, but as you noticed, they are usually so kind! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moderate all my comments, so I get to see everything before it posts and I can weed out the truly surreal ones. I just had to share some of the better ones!

      Delete
  2. Too funny. I have to be honest, I just don't understand what is the deal with these ppl. What do they get out of posting spam on your site? Is it just for fun or malice? Guess I am still living in the dark ages. But they were pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time, these spam comments are followed by a link. "Visit my site at" they say. So my guess is that someone, somewhere is paying them to try to drive traffic to a site. These sites may be selling something or make money by the click. Or they may be malicious. I have no idea. All I know is that they're not on the up-and-up, meaning TRUE commenters to the blog, so I mark them as spam.

      Delete