Sunday, January 6, 2013

Frogs in Tutus or Whatever's In Front of You

I'd like to share with you a big secret about living your dreams and building a great big, full, awesome creative life.

Ready?

Here it is . . .

It doesn't happen overnight.

I know! Shocking, right?

"Now, Bri," I can hear you saying. "I already knew that." I know that you already knew that, but that is just the point of this post, starting with what you know.

Believe it or not, something that simple is the way to start. Start with what you know. Do you want to write? Write about your life. Write about what's right in front of you. Write what you experience every day because only you are living your life and ONLY YOU are thinking your thoughts.

The most amazing thing about this common and best approach is this: you're not the only one. No matter what you're thinking, someone else has thought it before. But that's not bad. See? You're not alone. No matter what you've thought or you're experiencing, there's someone out there who is going through or has gone through the same thing. They can relate. That's what art is about.

Art and being creative is about communicating a message in your own way. And, once you put your message out there, a thousand people will resonate with it and a thousand people will think, "Oh my gosh! I'm not alone! I thought I was the only one who thought putting tutus on frogs was a cute idea." (Or whatever your idea happens to be.)

I just came up with that image in my head on the fly. I Googled it and look what I found:


See? Apparently someone liked that idea enough to make a stuffed frog in a tutu. No matter what you've come up with, there's someone who will agree with you and your projects that you put out there will resonate with them. It's a wonderful, splendifferous fact, my lovelies.

Take, for instance, being a mama. I'm a mama and I talk about it way too much, I'm sure. But my Precious Pookie is quite literally the best thing that's every happened to me and words cannot describe how much she lights up my heart. But children can be frustrating. That's okay. Take whatever you're frustrated, angry, annoyed, joyous, or excited about, take that experience and make something with it.

This week, I found this video that illustrates my point:




Dearies, none of us is alone in this world, but no one can tell your story for you. No one has your unique perspective, your particular spin on a topic. Only you have the power to tell your story and unveil your truth.

Still don't believe me? Look at this:



It's still a frog in a tutu, but it's vastly different from the first one. So get out there, my bright beautiful ones and tackle that project you've always dreamed of completing. You can do it! The frogs and I have faith in you.

And, until next time, please keep in mind that we are all visionaries. We just have to figure out where we excel.


Love to All,

-Bri



Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment