Thursday, December 6, 2012

Don't Take it From Me - Here's Neil Gaiman!

You don't have to listen to me encouraging you to follow your creative passion. After all, who am I? I'm just one girl in the world, crying out to the wind in order to attempt to inspire others.

Maybe my name isn't prestigeous enough for you. I haven't been on TV talking about this (though I have made television appearances). You haven't seen me come to your town with my name on a billboard in lights, yet (though I have given lectures at colleges). And maybe you've never seen my name on a book in Barnes and Noble (even though I have independently published 4 books). That's okay. There's something to be said for fame and notoriety. One day, I hope to have enough of each to be able to reach a wider audience and maybe give this "Visionary Bri" name a bit more clout. Maybe I could even come to a city near you, wherever you are in the world!

So, don't take it from me. Instead, here's Neil Gaiman encouraging artists. If my encouragement isn't doing it for you, how 'bout listening to him?


Want to be a writer? Here he is, again.


Would you like to see a commencement speech he's given? Well, here you go.



In general, take from these videos what you'd like. It doesn't matter who or what inspires you to live your dreams. All that matters is that you do pursue them, that you do chase them down and that you don't spend years in wishing and putting things off.

My dears, please don't wait. Your ultimate life is waiting for you! Your ultimate joy is calling to you! It's there. All you have to do is seek it. This world is waiting for you to share your gifts with it.


And please, my lovelies. Please remember that we are all visionaries. We just have to figure out where we excel. Until next time.

Love to All,

Bri


Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Great post ~ wonderful video ~ 'spot on' as 'they' say ~ thanx ~ (A Creative Harbor) ~ aka 'artmusedog' ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete