Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day

I know that a new post isn't due from me until Wednesday, but I'd like some time to be with my family, so I'll post now.

I'd like to share with you a quote from my second favorite all-time Christmas movie, Scrooged, starring Bill Murray.

"You can still have fun tonight! Call people you haven't seen - a college friend, an old army buddy, your personal banker. . . I'm not crazy. It's Christmas Eve. It's the one night when we all act a little nicer. We...we smile a little easier. We...we...share a little more. For a couple of hours, we are the people we always hoped we would be."



And, even though I don't like most Christmas music, I love this song and I thought I'd share it with you. It's not a Christmas carol, per say, but please. The message goes out from me to you.

"If your heart is longing and you've been afraid to try
sorrow's kept you company and the dance has passed you by,
I'll lift you up and blaze with you across the moonlit sky
on the Night Before Christmas

And you don't have to be an angel to sing harmony
and you don't have to be a child to love the mystery
And you don't have to be a wise man on bended knee
The heart of this Christmas is in you and me"



From my heart to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from my little corner of the world. May there be joy, family, and peace of mind to each of you. Blessings! 


Love to All,

-Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment