Monday, December 3, 2012

"Put it in a Pocket" and "Bookbinding"

While researching smash books, I came upon this video. Now, I don't know about you, but my sketchbook does a lot of traveling with me. (Yes, I bought my purse big enough so that it would fit specifically in there.) As I go about my life, I often find things I want to save. Business cards, napkin doodles and the like. Sure, I could just put them in my purse, but little things like that tend to get lost or mussed up.

My current sketchbook has a pocket in the front, which I just love. The tradeoff is that the cover isn't as sturdy as the kind of sketchbook I normally get. So, what a wonderful thing to find -- how to make pockets in your own smash book, sketchbook or journal. (Her voice is a little soft, so you may have to turn it up.) Now I can have the sturdiness of my favorite brand of sketchbook AND the pocket that I love. Woo hoo!




Also, there was something I learned at the Buddhist university that I attended-- making my own books. I only did this once, in the class, but I look forward to doing it, again. "Sounds hard," you say. Not so! In fact, it's pretty easy and can get addictive. Here's a video that explains the basics using widely available materials.





Well, my dears, I hope these videos inspire you this week. Feel free to post pictures of what you've been up to. I'd love the see them.



And please remember that we are all visionaries. We just have to figure out where we excel!


Love to All,

Bri


Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment